EMI’s Institute of Urban Resilience (IUR) offers the Urban Resilience Webinar series as an innovative learning experience for professionals. In these Web-based seminars you will learn from and interact real-time with world-renown experts on the most relevant urban resilience and disaster risk management (DRM) topics. The Webinars provide a structured and comprehensive lecture on the topic with pertinent examples and case studies to facilitate the learning process. Wherever you might be located, you will be able to ask questions to the experts and interact real-time with your peers to get answers. This enables a more effective learning process.
Participants will also be provided access to EMI’s extensive library of references, reports and can be guided in further exploring and consolidating their knowledge and skills.
The webinar is offered to policy makers, DRM practitioners, planners, architects, engineers, social scientists, researchers, educators, community leaders, from both private and public sectors and all those who are interested to expand their knowledge in the DRM and Urban Resilience fields.
Why should I take this?
- Live Webinars are an effective and low cost learning experience that provides opportunity for direct interaction with experts and a forum for peer-to-peer knowledge sharing globally.
- In the fast-growing Urban Resilience field, you will acquire practical skills and valuable knowledge while being part of a global network of informed and influential DRM professionals.
- Each participant will receive a Statement of Accomplishment for every webinar session you complete.
- Your fees for the webinars will help support EMI’s scholarship/fellowship fund which offers young researchers and graduating students the opportunity to get hands-on experience at EMI.
How to Register?
- Go to emi-megacities.org/webinar-registration-form.
- Fill-out the required information and select which webinar session would you like to attend.
- To complete your registration, help us sustain our program and contribute to EMI’s IUR Fellowship and Scholarship Fund by making a donation (suggested minimum donation is 10 USD – Thank you!).
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you indicating that you have successfully registered. The Webinar Instructions will also be sent to you at that time.
- A link to the webinar session will be sent to you via e-mail a week before the start of the webinar session.
Download the Webinar Brochure for more information.
Watch out for incoming webinar sessions coming this 2016. (Click to view image)
- Tools in Integrating Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Management (September 4, 2015)
Climate change is expected to alter the frequency and intensity of natural hazards around the world. This webinar introduces climate change and its effect on natural hazards and disaster risk reduction efforts. It also provides an overview of tools for disaster risk management professionals to integrate climate change in their risk assessments and strategic plans.