The Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI) is accepting applications for a post-graduate internship position. Interested individuals should meet the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, science, architecture, public policy, planning, or a related field;
- Familiarity and interest with issues in earthquake risk reduction and community resilience;
- Proficiency in Excel and Word;
- Basic HTML skills and some knowledge of website development and maintenance (WordPress and Joomla), or willingness to learn;
- Skills with graphic design programs such as Adobe InDesign or Illustrator;
- Ability to take initiative and independently solve problems
- Curiosity, strong interpersonal skills, and flexibility;
- Basic to advanced GIS skills, or knowledge of GIS software (ArcMap, ArcGIS Online) and willingness to learn.
Applications are accepted until May 31, 2017. More information on the internship can be accessed here.