1 November 2016 – This is the interface of the new web-accessible Disaster Alert, displaying PDC Integrated Active Hazards, Rainfall Accumulation, and Day/Night Indicator.
Pacific Disaster Center (PDC) announces the launch of Disaster Alert for the web! Innovation never stops!
Following the huge success of Disaster Alert as a free-download iOS and Android mobile app for the public, we have now streamlined our web-accessed application, the Global Hazards Atlas, to create a new and highly improved DisasterAlert. The features and benefits are tremendous, including:
- Mobile and desktop access from any web browser;
- Your favorite map and layer features optimized for touch;
- Improved, streamlined, and simplified data layers and time-series animation;
- The ability to save bookmarks as files—no user account required;
- Improved language support; and
- Much more…
The new web-accessible Disaster Alert is based on the latest DisasterAWARE™ Quantum technology, for easy cross-device access. Quantum technology will soon be incorporated into the upcoming versions of iOS- and Android-specific versions of the Disaster Alert mobile app, fully optimized for the specific platforms.
This article was originally published on PDC News and Media. Read the original article..