In its objective to expand the knowledge frontier, the Institute welcomes young professionals and those who are new to the urban DRR to engage and learn from practitioners and experts. Scholarships and fellowships are offered to invest in the next generation and build their capacity and competency in the field.
Institute for Urban Resilience Fellowship Program
EMI opens the Institute for Urban Resilience Fellowship for Disaster Risk Management (DRM) professionals and enthusiasts who want to scale up their DRM competency for free.
The IUR stems from EMI’s conviction that the lack of competent human resources is one of the biggest impediments to investments in DRR. Its mission is to develop a community of competent DRM practitioners striving for accomplishments and driving the global urban resilience agenda.
Since EMI believes in equal access to knowledge for everyone, it opened the IUR fellowship for those who want to gain DRM expertise but with limited opportunities.
Below are the eligibility criteria and rules for the fellowship:
1) Must be at post-graduate level or higher
2) Must be from a developing country
3) Must provide proof that your organization cannot pay for the training
(Ex. Endorsement letter from immediate supervisor)
4) Must submit an accomplished IUR Fellowship form (attaching the letter of intent)
1) Must be willing to do extra report as indicated by EMI IUR staff
2) Must commit to complete the full course requirements, else pledge to pay for the course
3) Only two candidates can be selected for the class
4) Only one candidate from the same organization is selected for a course
The chosen fellow/s will be able to take a Natural Disaster Risk Management Program (NDRMP) course for free. The applicant should signify his/her intent to serve as a fellow one (1) week before the start of the course he/she wants to take.
All the requirements needed, which includes the endorsement letter, IUR fellowship form, and letter of intent, should be sent to email@example.com with the subject APPLICATION: IUR FELLOWSHIP for (*insert course title) – (*insert date of submission) EX: APPLICATION: IUR FELLOWSHIP for CDRMF – (April 4, 2014). All questions and/or concerns should be directed to the above e-mail address as well.
An EMI IUR staff will notify the chosen fellows three (3) days before the start of the course.