Position Title: Intern – Knowledge Development and Dissemination
Terms: Full time, Temporary, Exclusive Engagement; Part-time schedules are also available for student interns
Location: Quezon City (Metro Manila)
Classification: Position 3 Level 1A
Reporting: DRM Specialist 2
The intern will the updating of the National Disaster Risk Management Program, a suite of e-learning courses offered by EMI. S/he will get the chance to collaborate with and learn from local and international experts on urban disaster risk resilience, and become familiar with international standards of practice for disaster risk management. S/he is expected to adhere to EMI’s regular working hours of 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday. In compensation for work, the intern will receive a stipend.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform report writing and conduct research in areas related to EMI projects.
- Review, analyze and organize information provided by local researchers, project partners and the media on disasters, disaster risks studies and disaster risk management.
- Review and update various papers, discussion documents and program materials of EMI.
- Assist in the preparation for workshops, seminars, meetings and other activities.
- Assist in the production of reports, brochures, promotional materials, proceedings and PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist in creating, layouting and proofreading interactive presentations by using Articulate Storyline and MIcrosoft Powerpoint.
- Bachelor’s degree (or senior college students) in development communication / communication, development studies or related fields
- Creative and keen to details
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications
- Adept at using and learning software applications; preferably knows Articulate and Adobe Creative Suite
- Must demonstrate intellectual and social flexibility, and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Willing to learn and capable of working independently or in a team
- Knowledge in disaster risk management (DRM) is a plus.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION: The position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their application via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
EMI offers a challenging work environment that questions convention and is driven by scientific learning, individual and collective contribution and respect for everyone. Competitive compensation package; generous benefits; flexible work environment; performance incentives and global involvement and opportunities for professional development in the field of urban resilience.
NOTE: Since this is an immediate requirement, applications will be processed as received and hiring will be closed when suitable applicants are found.