Position Title: Accounting and Finance Officer
Terms: Full-time, Permanent, Exclusive Engagement (with six months’ probation period)
Location: Quezon City (Metro Manila)
Classification: Position 3 Level 3
Reporting : Accounting And Finance Manager
Responsible for supervising, controlling and monitoring day-to-day operations of the general accounting and finance department
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check accounting and finance records such as the following:
- financial documents and records of EMI in compliance with Philippines Financial Reporting Standards;
- vouchers and supporting documents to ensure that all financial transactions are supported with complete original financial documents;
- books of original entry (thru Xero Accounting System), which includes Cash Receipts Book, Cash Disbursements Book, Special Journals, and General Journal, to ensure that financial transactions in the books of original entry are accurate;
- general ledger and subsidiary ledgers to ensure that the postings on the individual ledgers are accurate; and
- bank reconciliation statements to ensure that all cash transactions appearing in the books of EMI will tally with the records of the bank;
2. Assist in the Preparation and Monitoring of EMI’s budget;
- Assist in the preparation of the EMI yearly operating budget;
- Ensure that the approved EMI budget is the basis of all expenditures and that the expenditure items are charged properly against the budget items.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual budget variance reports and analysis to EMI. Quarterly variance reports shall be submitted fifteen (15) days after the end of each quarter. Annual variance reports shall be submitted thirty (30) days after the end of each year.
3.Ensure compliance with government reportorial requirements;
a.Ensure that the following government reportorial requirements are complied with on time:
- SSS remittances
- Pag-Ibig remittances
- PhilHealth remittances
- BIR remittances for withholding and other taxes and
- Annual statutory reports to SEC and BIR.
b. Review the forms for filing with the different government entities;
c. Ensure up to date tax clearance as required by the funder;
d. Ensure up to date tax exemption ruling.
4. Prepare EMI’s Financial Statements and Reports;
a. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements of EMI. The Financial Statements include the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Changes in Fund Balance and Cash Flow Statement.
b. Prepare other financial reports required by EMI’s partners and sponsors as specified in contractual obligations with such partners and sponsors. The reports shall be prepared in a timely manner and in accordance with the schedules set forth in the agreement between EMI and its partners.
c. Prepare audit schedules and other required documentations during year-end statutory audit and as needed by project grantor/ funder.
d. Provide other financial management reports as may be requested by EMI.
5. Provide Support to Project Management Teama.
a. Support project managers in day-to-day management of grants, contracts, and project budgets;
b. Issue monthly project budget variance reports and analysis;
c. Prepare invoices and grant reports.
- CPA with a minimum of 5 years’ experience including a minimum of 2 years of similar supervisory responsibilities preferably in a NGO
- Working knowledge of Accounting Software
- Advanced knowledge of database software and spreadsheet software including Microsoft Office Applications (e.g., Access; Excel; Words; PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; professional judgment; discretion; and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly and to facilitate the decision making process
- Must exercise flexibility and diligence to operate and adapt to a complex work environment with non-conventional reporting structures, involvement of international experts, sponsors and partners, and with participation of professionals and managers from different cultures and perceptions.
- Must be willing to address and disclose work-related issues and problems in constructive and problem-solving approaches
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION: The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their application via e-mail at email@example.com, indicating qualifications, current annual compensation and annual gross salary expectation (range). Please download EMI Employment Application Form here. Candidates with higher level of qualifications are encouraged to apply and can be considered for a higher position. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
EMI offers a challenging work environment that questions convention and is driven by scientific learning, individual and collective contribution and respect for everyone. Competitive compensation package; generous benefits; flexible work environment; performance incentives and global involvement and opportunities for professional development in the field of urban resilience.
NOTE: Since this is an immediate requirement, applications will be processed as received and hiring will be closed when a suitable applicant is found.